200g (7oz) can tuna in brine, drained
2 red peppers, thinly sliced
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped (stems discarded)
3 tablespoons olive oil½ teaspoon salt pinch of black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
200g (7oz) pitted black olives
1 hard boiled egg, chopped in quarters
juice of half a lemon wedges
– Before you start, prepare all the above ingredients.
– Place the peppers under a hot grill, turning occasionally until the skins
are blackened and charred. Sweat roasted peppers in plastic bag
for 10 minutes.
– Crush the garlic, then place in a large bowl and add the lemon juice, olive oil, chopped onions, black pepper, salt and coriander. Mix well.
– Skin, core and seed the peppers, then cut into thin slices and add to the bowl.
– Add the tuna flakes, olives, chopped egg and stir gently to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.